Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beach Hunting

I haven't been able to get out detecting very much lately. I am hoping to go to the beach next week to try a different type of detecting. Normally, I detect old homes. I have only detected beaches twice before but never a beach with a lot of foot traffic so hopefully I will be able to find some good stuff.

The first beach I ever detected was this past February at a private beach at my hotel on a vacation in Florida. I found a couple cents in clad and $11.75 in game tokens for the game room. I didn't know this when I was detecting but I guess the hotel had an activity for the young kids called a "Token Dive" where the kids searched the sand for game tokens. I think I might have cheated on that a little bit.

The second beach I detected was at a party last month on a private property beach on Lake Erie. The owners of the house told me someone in their family lost a ring on the beach last summer but I was unable to find it. The only thing I found there was a very corroded penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment